Friday, May 23, 2008

Ohana

Ohana means family in Hawaiian and this past Tuesday Kristine and I were privileged to experience it first hand. We were pleasantly surprised to receive leis from our friends at the local running shop. You see every Tuesday and Thursday they have a group run at 5pm that Kristine and I have been attending sporadically since we first arrived to the island. They took us right in and made us feel right at home.


Kristine and I with our leis!

We're fortunate enough to have met these people. You see, when you are thousands of miles from anything or any one you know it helps when people like the Runners HI gang reach out and make you feel at home by showing you were to run and then feeding you afterwards (my favorite part).


Most of the gang posing with the ones who are leaving. :(

Anyways, it was really quite special and I want to thank them for everything.

No comments: